This blog is no longer being updated. You're looking for Cooking with Charles.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Data Point 0

I'm doing some tests. This is the first in what I imagine will be a pretty taxing set of trials. There may even come a time when I have to ask you, my friends, to volunteer yourselves as guinea pigs for the good of science. The question of course: if making brownies from a box, which way is best?

Ingredients:
1 boxTarget brand fudge brownie mix
2eggs
1/2 stickbutter, melted
1/2 cupapplesauce
3 ouncesdried cranberries
1 tubcream cheese frosting


Procedure:
Mix all ingredients other than frosting. Bake as directed on box. Microwave frosting until fluid, about 1 minute. Apply to brownies while still hot in order to easily spread uniformly.

I would like to make clear that I don't really take ownership of this recipe. While I did not strictly follow the recipe on the box (which asks for 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil) the changes were small. And come on, almost everything was premade which is really not in line with the spirit this blog. The only reason I didn't specify the brand of frosting I used is because I used the second half of my old tub (Pillsbury) and the first half of my new tub (Betty). They are slightly different colors but taste the same and are both mostly made out of sugar and margarine.


Gone too fast to get a picture


This recipe gets a "really good" on the Becca scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment